20/05/08

"32 Flavors" squint your eyes and look closer/ I'm not between you and your ambition/ I am a poster girl with no poster/ I am thirty-two flavors and then some/ and I'm beyond your peripheral vision/ so you might want to turn your head/ cause someday you're going to get hungry/ and eat most of the words you just said/ both my parents taught me about good will/ and I have done well by their names/ just the kindness I've lavished on strangers/ is more than I can explain/ still there's many who've turned out their porch lights/ just so I would think they were not home/ and hid in the dark of their windows/ til I'd passed and left them alone/ and god help you if you are an ugly girl/ course too pretty is also your doom/ cause everyone harbors a secret hatred/ for the prettiest girl in the room/ and god help you if you are a pheonix/ and you dare to rise up from the ash/ a thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy/ while you are just flying back/ I'm not trying to give my life meaning/ by demeaning you/ and I would like to state for the record/ I did everything that I could do/ I'm not saying that I'm a saint/ I just don't want to live that way/ no, I will never be a saint/ but I will always say/ squint your eyes and look closer/ I'm not between you and your ambition/ I am a poster girl with no poster/ I am thirty-two flavors and then some/ And I'm beyond your peripheral vision/ So you might want to turn your head/ Cause someday you might find you're starving/ and eating all of the words you said/

2 comentários:

El joven Bryan Superstar disse...

eu onte saín para rematar a xornada e tomar un auga e rematei na miña cama sen recordar como cheguei a ela, e con alguén confensando un robo na súa adolescencia na miña tenda.

Pero sobre todo teño o primeiro recordo de ti tal como eras e como debe ser no futuro.

Iria disse...

O da confesión do roubo foi mesmo simpático. Si que tivemos unha tarde agradabel onte...os amigos se deben lembrar deses primeiros recordos.